Live Entertainment in Sharm El Sheikh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bhanish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey All,

I'm with a non-diver in Sharm El Sheikh, and I'd like to do some non-diving related activities. Is there live entertainment in Sharm? Belly dancers, singers, whirling dervish, etc? Thanks!

Snorkeling. The snorkeling from shore, north of Na'ama Bay, is incredible and easy. Don't pick up cone shells; they can contain a nasty surprise.

Edit: Oh my heck! I just googled images of the area, and it's thoroughly developed, in the typical and appalling way. Thirty years ago there wasn't much there at all.

of course, it's a very touristic place, so you'll find everything : Mc Donald, Hard Rock cafe, Starbucks, shops selling papyrus and T-shirts of the pyramids, belly dancers at night in every hotel, etc...

Notice that this is NOT Egypt. To see what is Egypt, go to El Tur (25 kms from Sharm).

of course, it's a very touristic place, so you'll find everything : Mc Donald, Hard Rock cafe, Starbucks, shops selling papyrus and T-shirts of the pyramids, belly dancers at night in every hotel, etc...

Notice that this is NOT Egypt. To see what is Egypt, go to El Tur (25 kms from Sharm).

What can we find in El Tur? And I’ve yet to find live dancers or singers (at least not scheduled in advance). There’s a 1001 Arabian Nights show that we might do if we can stay up until 1am. Sharm has an active night life and we’re early risers. :)

I remember Sharm with 1 store and 1 gas station.
Naama Bay with 2 hotels, only 1 with air conditioning and an openair caravansari. Electricity was not available 24hrs a day unless you were up on the hill south of Naama Bay at the UN peacekeepers base.
The only dive base was run by Rolf and Petra off to the left of the Gazalla hotel and called Sinai Divers.
Unfortunately times have changed and Sharm has become a big zoo, without the ability to walk along the shore for kilometers at night and not see anybody else. Pegalactic fish have now learned to stay away fron the sound of boat motors, and sharks are few and far between except at Ras Mohammed.
35 years ago it was great, back when it was named Ophira. After it was returned to the Egyptians with their blitzkrieg construction it rapidly lost everything it was world famous for.
20 years ago it had already lost all of its charm and now almost as many people go to Sharm as visit the pyramids.

Michael

I remember Sharm with 1 store and 1 gas station.
Naama Bay with 2 hotels, only 1 with air conditioning and an openair caravansari. Electricity was not available 24hrs a day unless you were up on the hill south of Naama Bay at the UN peacekeepers base.
The only dive base was run by Rolf and Petra off to the left of the Gazalla hotel and called Sinai Divers.
Unfortunately times have changed and Sharm has become a big zoo, without the ability to walk along the shore for kilometers at night and not see anybody else. Pegalactic fish have now learned to stay away fron the sound of boat motors, and sharks are few and far between except at Ras Mohammed.
35 years ago it was great, back when it was named Ophira. After it was returned to the Egyptians with their blitzkrieg construction it rapidly lost everything it was world famous for.
20 years ago it had already lost all of its charm and now almost as many people go to Sharm as visit the pyramids.

Michael

+ 1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom