Live-aboards in Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HappyDvrGrl

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on a good (and safe!) live-aboard in Belize? Just a tad cautious after the capsize of the Peter Hughes "Sun Dancer"... Aggressor fleet has been getting a lot of heat lately too. Anyone been on a live-aboard in Belize that you would recommed???? Thanks.

Christine Thompson:
Anyone have any suggestions on a good (and safe!) live-aboard in Belize? Just a tad cautious after the capsize of the Peter Hughes "Sun Dancer"... Aggressor fleet has been getting a lot of heat lately too. Anyone been on a live-aboard in Belize that you would recommed???? Thanks.

The Nekton.

...or just look below this thread for:

Similar Threads
Thread------------Thread Starter--------------Forum
Any 4 day live aboards? markmac71 Charter Boats, Cruises & Liveaboards 5 11-15-2005 05:07 AM

Belize live aboards
waterpik General Central and South America 1 09-19-2005 03:46 PM

seasickness and live aboards
dianne m Diving Medicine 11 06-02-2005 08:14 PM

Live Aboards from Oahu?
kph Hawai'i O'Hana 9 07-16-2004 04:22 PM

Belize & Live Aboards
ladycute1 General Central and South America 3 07-15-2001 02:34 PM

christine thompson,
welcome to this board.
your comment about the belize aggressor has made me curious.
what ''heat'' have you heard?
regards,

Christine, I just got back from a week on the Nekton Pilot in Belize. FABULOUS trip!! I have nothing but EXCELLENT things to say about the crew, the boat, the food, the diving, and the service we received. Nekton has my HIGHEST recommendation and their prices are extremely reasonable, especially when compared to the Peter Hughes and the Aggressor boats.

My quick trip report is posted below this thread, please read it and if you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me.

We had such an excellent experience from pre-booking to post-trip with the Nekton folks that we're going to do their NW Bahamas itinerary next, and we can't wait! :D

I knew Peter Hughes Wave Dancer capsized several years ago, during Hurricane Iris, I believe. Did something happen to the Sun Dancer as well? :06:

It's the Sun Dancer II, and nothing has happened to it. Someone's just confused.

I second the Nekton. Really enjoyed their Cay Sal Banks trip as well as the Belize trip. We had a couple dive emergencies on our Belize trip (none had anything to do with the boat or the crew) and they handled them wonderfully well. I can't recommend them enough.

Back
Top Bottom