Live-a-board recommendations, please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Cat Ppalu in the Bahamas.

It is operated by the same company as Blackbeards cruises and the Aquacat, but it is never advertised. I think it is about the $900-$1200 range, but I don't remember off hand. They only take 12 passangers so everything is very flexable. The boat is fairly large and comfortable, the food is good, and it was just an all around great time.

How about $500-$900 for a five day liveaboard? I've used these guys a lot, excellent operation:

http://www.truthaquatics.com/

Roak

I've enjoyed diving with Nekton Diving Cruises on 3 of their itineraries so far. Central Belize and Southern Bahamas were GREAT! Cay Sal Banks was less impressive but still a good time.

The boat is very stable so little or no sea-sickness. Cabins are very roomy with private baths. Food is very good!

The Aggressor Fleet! I've been on 5 trips - going on my 6th - in April--. The accommodations are tops; the food is great and plentyful; the crews can't be beat; and the diving (at least in the Carib.) is awesome. If you're a videographer or photographer, you will become spoiled with their work station, on-board processing, viewing tables, etc.

my $.02

Barracuda2

...but generally out of the price range you mentioned. During the low season the Bay Islands Aggressor falls into your price range. Also, they somethimes run special trips that are a bit cheaper.

I really enjoyed the Ultimate Getaway which runs 4 day trips to the Dry Tortugas for roughly 500$.

http://www.ultimategetaway.net/

For your money's worth I would go with Nekton Diving Cruises. They have 4 different locations they got to so you can pick an itinerary that interests you. The staff was great, the food was good and the diving was great.

Reeflover

Back
Top Bottom