Little River around Independence Day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I am wanting to get a dive in Tuesday July 2nd, I figure Ginnie will be a zoo. But based on the experience of others what do you think Little River be like?

Did Memorial day last year at LR. Total zoo on the surface and parking lot. Saw no one in the cave. I'd expect July 4 to be similar, but July 2? I think you're golden.

What I figured, just wanted to confirm before I spend over three hours driving there.

Is Little River open? Troy is still closed down.
Little River is open - we dived it Wednesday. Vis was just okay (~ 40’) greenish; and flow is uppppppp…it was slow-going, even on a scooter. Wouldn’t want to swim it right now.

Aside from Troy (brown) and Royal (closed for construction), I suspect many/most of the Suwannee springs are at least diveable now, if not their normal clear charming selves. Cow, Telford, Charles are all okay-ish, some weird/heavy flow going on. P3 was springing back a week or so ago.

July 2 a is weekday midweek and not immediately adjacent, so I suspect it should be fine.
Yep, they're aiming for only one shooting

Is Little River open? Troy is still closed down.

We swam it this Wednesday. Pumping like a fire hydrant. Divable, but a scooter would have been real nice.

Went to P1 on Thursday…almost normal vis.

I can't wait to join you. A few more weeks of healing.

I'm intro to cave certified and looking for a buddy for that day. Can I join you or you prefer solo diving? I can understand that too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom