Little Cayman video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freaking awesome videos... Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice video! That macro lens does a good job.
Some very smooth tracking/panning too - is that all from a steady hand or did you apply some image stabilisation in post processing? Either way, great work!

Nice video! That macro lens does a good job.
Some very smooth tracking/panning too - is that all from a steady hand or did you apply some image stabilisation in post processing? Either way, great work!

I did use the youtube stabilizer, it helps smooth things out. I have a gorillapod attached to my tray , but I cant always utilize it. With the macro lens it gets real tricky to hold the camera perfectly still.

What did the coral cover on LC look like, percentage-wise?
I was on Grand Cayman June 15-22, did 9 dives, NW side and off N. Sound......coral cover very degraded, only about 20% of available hard substrate had corals growing on it in any decent amount.
Been going there since '78...it was 75-80% then.
Very sad....

---------- Post added July 2nd, 2015 at 06:59 AM ----------

What did the coral cover on LC look like, percentage-wise?
I was on Grand Cayman June 15-22, did 9 dives, NW side and off N. Sound......coral cover very degraded, only about 20% of available hard substrate had corals growing on it in any decent amount.
Been going there since '78...it was 75-80% then.
Very sad....
I would say it is a little better than 20% but not much. This seems to be a repeated theme whenever I go someplace. I am not one to dive the same place twice unless it outstanding or a really good deal, So I have no past comparison. The Caribbean is being hit hard regardless. Its obvious particularly in the well known areas that the reefs are taking abuse. I'm probably doing a trip to Cocos next, then focusing on Indonesia. From what I understand areas like Raja Ampat still have a 75% life on the reefs. Got to get there before that changes.

Back
Top Bottom