Lips to Lips with a Moray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seapix

Registered
Reaction score
This is one of those things you do once, and only once. As a dive master in the Red Sea, I used to feed morays by hand to get them to come out of their holes for underwater photographers. Naturally, I had to get a picture of me kissing a moray, so I put a piece of meat in my mouth, and the rest is history. Fortunately, I wasn't. Great experience, but once was enough (I'm talking abou the lips to lips part).

The morays got so used to our presence, that they would wrap themselves around us, in anticipation of being fed.

Incidentally, don't try this at home...-)

George

S-M-O-O-C-H! That's a good one!

What kind of camera set up are you using? The photos on your website are amazing! Are they all yours?

due to this being a family site all i will say is wt?

that is one big ....

i saw a big one on the Giannis D (i think) i was going along abot 1-2m off the bottom looking for any sharks under the wreck and out of the corner of my eye i saw something.

normal reaction, hair on kneck went up and i looked around and there it was!

it was easily bigger than my thigh (picture of it on my site, no zoom and it filled the screen!).

My budy who was just above me hadnt seen me stop, so i went to get him and show him this monster.

I rember him saying clearly through his reg the f and hell words, it was the biggest moray i had ever seen!

dont know if i would feed my mouth though!

George,

Awesome pics! I love the "ripple effect"! That is so cool!

Back
Top Bottom