LIONFISH! Paradise Dive, Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alohagal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Lionfish spotted Paradise, 3rd Section SW of concrete Block. Was not captured.
Here is my photographic evidence.:shakehead:

Someone tell me how do I make my pictures bigger in the post please. This stuff is new to me.

Lionfish spotted Paradise, 3rd Section SW of concrete Block. Was not captured.
Here is my photographic evidence.:shakehead:

Someone tell me how do I make my pictures bigger in the post please. This stuff is new to me.

Did you report it? Did the Marine park come to you guys and not find it or were they not called?

Did you report it? Did the Marine park come to you guys and not find it or were they not called?

Both Divemasters on our dive were shown the LIONFISH at separate times. But the lionfish scooted up into a deep hole by the time the second divemaster came to take a look. Was it reported to Marine park during our dive...NO...did we abort the dive to report it...NO... do I think it was ever reported to Marine park...probably not. That is why I am doing so now. Was unsure of what the protocol was here in Cozumel. I figured showing it to divemaster would sound the alarm somehow. I found out later, the divemaster with the other half of the group saw him first, but did not take action. Not sure why. Hopefully IT can be found.

I was the only one of the divers on our boat who knew that the lion fish SHOULD NOT be there. Several divers took pictures...including myself. (as we compared notes later and I told everyone the saga of the lionfish after the dive) The Divemasters knew they are unwanted, but not sure they are fully aware of how significantly unwanted they really are. I know that an SCC divemaster has captured several of them in the past. So, there is a knowledge base there.

Mary

Last edited:
Mary,
You are just a little trouble maker aren't you? Hope you are enjoying your trip.

Mary,
You are just a little trouble maker aren't you? Hope you are enjoying your trip.
It kind of looks that way! OOPS!:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom