Lincoln City diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cavtrooper

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone regularly dive the Lincoln City or Mid coast areas? I'm intersested in diving that area as I live in Salem and would like to hook up with someone that has done it and knows the area....

Closest diving to Salem would be either Newport or somewhere in the Tillamook Bay for coastal diving. You can also drive up to Big Cliff reservoir in the summer for a quick drift dive if the Corp is spilling water at Detroit dam.

Netarts bay is a good location. Enter at the boat ramp, watching for boats and work your way either direction, into the bay is usually better. Slack high is the better time as the depth will be a bit better usually with better vis also. Lots of micro stuff so take your time.

Florence is also a decent spot, in addition to the Newport finger, OSU dock or Tillamook bay area. Clear Lake, on the Santiam Pass is a great dive but cold, very cold. Vis is the best you'll ever see as long as there are no rototiller divers there. Just remember to be very prepared for the cold, cold water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom