Limited Edition Tech Skin??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveJedi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
As many of you know, chatter about a limited Edition tech skin have been floating around for a while....

This is not a press release, as not all sizes are available quite yet....L/XL & S/M are ready.....

BUT....I can tell you this....

The new skin is a full 1mm super stretch neoprene - there are no lycra panels like the regular tech skin. The skin is also equipped with a 2mm compressed neoprene knee pad - not because we think you need the 2mm - but we believe the perception is that divers think they need it. :hm:

Here is a pic I took of Eric in one this past w/e

Eric getting out of the water

Eric in the water

As you can see I have added images that reflect the new graphics...

The leg, the back, and above the valve on the front.

The new L.E. tech is made entirely at our factory in Canada and retails at $450

Again - a formal press release will be sent next week when the size run has been finalized.

Until the next dive,

Tyler

Sigh.

I'm still waiting for that red one from DEMA . . .

... and I bought my Fusion yesterday. :O

Me likey the graphics!

Wish I had the money now. So, when it comes out I could get one..:depressed:

That definately looks nice. I love those graphics! This is one of the really cool things about the suit. You can switch out the look and outer shell.

That said, I wouldn't get it as the tech skin already takes some of the freedom of movement out of the suit, and it has lycra panels. Like the OP stated, the tech skin really isn't needed. This post isn't to take away from the skin, but instead to praise the already great fusion.

That definately looks nice. I love those graphics! This is one of the really cool things about the suit. You can switch out the look and outer shell.

That said, I wouldn't get it as the tech skin already takes some of the freedom of movement out of the suit, and it has lycra panels. Like the OP stated, the tech skin really isn't needed. This post isn't to take away from the skin, but instead to praise the already great fusion.

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback on your Fusion, I'm glad that you are enjoying it! I just wanted to mention that the new Limited Edition Tech Skin does not have the lycra panels built into it because they are not needed. The entire skin is made of a new superstretch neoprene that has much more stretch than a normal neoprene.

There will be more details to follow...

Cheers,

Justin

Oh thanks for the update! I didn't catch that. Those graphics really are cool.

Since Whites came out with the Fusion, I have tried multiple variations of skins - some solid neoprene, some super stretch, different cuts, patterns etc. I can safely say that I have tried more styles of skins than anyone else - I don't say this to brag, I say this because I can speak from experience.

I hear what you are saying about the solid neoprene - and you are absolutely right - if it wasn't super stretch - I tried one, and I lost too much mobility, it was canned. We have also gone through a number of patterns - the pattern of the Limited Edition skin is not like the Lycra or the Tech skin - it needed to be modified, to fit properly - the goal was always to have it fit similar to the existing tech skin. Based on my experience in the many skins - I think we are pretty close.

Having said all this, and based on the many skins I have dove - I think this skin will be as popular as our existing tech skin.

I added a couple of new images to my folder of LE pictures

Until the next dive,
Tyler

Back
Top Bottom