Lil' help with aqua lung retractor..por favor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sobe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
greetings,

I got a little flustered yesterday when my aqualung retractor wouldn't retract. Not sure if it was the 130ft depth or what. But it seems broken, no big deal, but was curious: Is there a way to open it? Just incase its a quick fix, no reason to throw it out.

random google image: becuase Im at work - http://images.bizrate.com/resize?sq=140&uid=2363065421

thanks for any help, but I dont see any screws, and Im not sure if these even came with manuals -- but if they did I lost it ; )

~SoBe

Have you tried the usual fixes, PB Blaster, WD-40, soaking in fresh water for a few days ?????

That is a small picture but it looks like the same one as mine. I have not had a problem with it not retracting but I have had problems with it not locking. It has a mind of its own; sometimes it will lock sometimes it won't.

That picture is way too tiny to be of any use but my first retractor has a tiny button you needed to push in order for it to retract. Is that possibly your issue as well?

hmm, this one has a black slide on the side. I have a gopro/dive light combo and at depth I locked it out (using slide) then tried to retract with no luck.
But thats all she wrote. Again no big deal w/buying a new one.
After this one's failure, I would recommended one with a larger clip, so I could clip it somewhere instead of dangling (as it wasnt the best conditions)
thanks for the responses.

Depending on what you are using the retractor for, I might suggest a lanyard such as this:

cet.crl11.blk.jpg

The only thing this one might be a PITA for would be a console or computer but then for that you can just add a clip and unclip to look at it and reclip it off again. Food for thought anyways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom