LIKE NEW - OMS Manifold & Valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jediscuba

Registered
Reaction score
Like New
OMS Tank Manifold
with
Isolation Bar and Valves

I purchased this set up for my own use to dive with a buddy
who dove doubles. Used this set up only twice.

Both the isolation mainfold and valves are Oxygen compatable
This set up is rated at 240 Bar / 3500 psi
The busrt discs are rated at 5800 psi

The set up may be used with either DIN or Yoke style regulators with
the supplied adaptors and the valves are 3/4" - fits all standard AL cylinders

Use this rig for single tanks
or
use it to form doubles

Manifold Specifications
Item # V102

Description 300 bar Isolation Manifold

Valve Thread USA 3/4"

First Stage Accommodation DIN & Yoke

Burst Disk Service Pressure (240 bar) 3500 psi

Burst Disk Rupture Pressure (400 bar) 5800 psi

Oxygen Compatible Materials YES YES YES YES

Max Valve Press Rating (DIN Style Only) 4500 psi

Cylinder OD size 6.9" to 8"

Asking price $150.00 + Shipping
Yes, I accept Paypal

Steve
Jediscuba at AOL

Attachments

• all 3 together.jpg
    all 3 together.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 161
  • all 3 sep.jpg
    all 3 sep.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 146
  • Valve1.jpg
    Valve1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Valve2.jpg
    Valve2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 153
I'll suggest that you visit Leisure Pro and see who and what they are. Leisure Pro is not a true dive shop but nothing more than an extension of Adorama, a camera store. They don't have the expertise in diving that a diver deserves. They are more an Internet discounter who may remove parts from items and then discounts them. If you buy the manifold from Leisure Pro, it comes to you without the Yoke adapters and the manifold is useless unless you only dive with DIN tanks. You must then purchase the adapters at an additional fee.

Folks get real, support you local dive shop and forget about these know little Internet folks, who I feel, are a menace to our industry and sport. My manifolds are for all intensive purpose NEW, but since they were in a pool three times, I must call them used. My OMS manifold includes the Din to Yoke adapters and are complete ... Go and visit Leisure Pro, they are a "cubby hole" on the upper story of a Midtown Manhattan office building. They back door many products into their shop as they sell many products for which they are not registered dealers. Now, let's go one step further, how does a dive shop, located on an upper floor of an office building with sales display area smaller than most bedrooms "earn" a PADI Five Star rating?

Now, I'll get off my SOAP BOX and simply say that this is one Dive Instructor's opinion of the Leisure Pro ""Dive Store"". You may choose to have a different opinion.

Bottom line, make me a reasonable offer, knowing that my OMS manifold is complete with all of the parts you'll need to use it.

B]By the way, both Scuba.com and Leisure Pro appear to omit the valve block off assemblies so the manifold cannot be split into 2 independent tanks. Thus, once you mount this assembly, the thanks can only be used as doubles. I will give credit to Scuba.com for giving you the Din to Yoke adapters, which come with the setup from OMS. Still, I feel you need to support your local dive shop and instructors. They are the ones who will be there to answer your question with the factory training and backing. Go to the OMS web site and see who is your local authorized dealer. I suggest you do this with any Life Support product you intend to use. [OMS Dealer Search http://www.OMSdive.com[/B]

Jedi scuba obviously feels quite passionate about supporting your local dive shop. I agree that you should TRY and support you local dive shop as much as possible, but the fact is that internet retailers keep some of the local guys honest. Furthermore, more people can enter this hobby due to internet retailers offering deep discounts to the consumer. You can get geared up through L.P. or Scuba.com for much less than you would at my local dive shop. In fact, I have made a list of supplies I was going to order from an internet retailer, gave it to my "local guy" and asked him to do what he could. He came back and discounted NOTHING. NOTHING!!! I didn't expect him to match the prices, just do something. But again NOTHING.

If you read through some of these posts, you will see that many people have gotten ripped off by their local guy. Some diver paid over $500 for a steel 120.

Now I want to be very clear about this issue. There are excellent local dive shops out there. Jedi Scuba, I bet you are one of those excellent local sources, and that is why I say you should TRY and support your local dive shop. If you order from L.P. or another internet retailer and you do it long enough, you are bound to run into a problem. Hopefully they will do the right thing and take care of it.

One last thing, it is not my intention to high jack this thread and make it about local guy vs internet guy. The bottom line is that if you think what Jedi scuba is selling is going to fill your need, make him an offer and buy it if you want. I bet he could tell you if it is going to fill your needs and fit your equipment much better than others. Isn't that worth a little extra?:)

I was going to make an offer until I read Jedi's post. He's right, why should I buy on the internet and deny my local shop my money? I'm heading down to my LDS to get a OMS tank manifold.

thats true, i don't think I'm going to buy an OMS manifold here, I think I should buy it at my local dive shop.

I went to my LDS, the valve is $300 and that does not include a reach around. I guess it's back to internet shopping.

I followed Jedi's link and OMG Leisure Pro is an authorized OMS dealer OMS Dealer Search Results http://www.OMSdive.com

Back
Top Bottom