Lights...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Island Style

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just wondering what everyone is using locally...

Right now, I'm using a UK Sunlight ELed C8 as a primary and a Pelican tec400 as a second...

I recently visited Oahu Dive Center in Kailua (they are going out of business)...and purchased an Intova 3watt 65 lumen LED Torch for around $44....(30% off everything in the store)...the Intova will be my new secondary at night and primary during the day.

I'm also focusing on managing my gadgets on my BC...One of my friends modified his BC/tank straps to hold his lights so they don't dangle below, up front, hitting everything in site...cool stuff...

During the night dive recently, I observed my friends new TUSA 130 lumen LED in action, similiar to the Intova but it is a wide beam...I was impressed by how bright it was for how little it was...the other lights I saw were similar to my UK C8...

I really like the LED technology...bright and easy on the battery...

If you are genuinly worried about dangling gear etc, I would recommend a backplate and wing and pockets on your thighs such as x-shorts. It is much more streamlined, you can get to all your stuff easily and it will trim you out much better.

I know everyone here thinks that a canister light is a technical diving tool, but in reality you can get a decent canister light 10W HID pretty inexpensive these days...they all come with a goodman handle, which allows you to use the light and still have use of both hands.

Last edited:
i got an intova wide beam at ocean concepts...130 lumens...awesome light...use it as a primary cuz its so bright

I was so impressed with the output of the 65lumen Intova...I picked up the 130lumen Intova widebeam at Oahu Dive center...cost me $46.18....what a deal!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom