Question Lightest Full-Foot Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Bomberg

Contributor
Reaction score
I need advice/help, I am trying to reduce the weight of the dive gear, so my current Tusa Hyperflex (4.2lbs for a pair) are being replaced but not sure what to go with. They have to be decent in current and allow me generate enough power to linger behind yet still be able to catch up with people, they also have to be less than 3 lbs. for the pair.

I looked at the Atomic Split fins and they seem to come in under 3lbs for a pair, they are short enough that I can pack them easily, same for the Mares Avanti Tre, I also looked at freediving fins (some people say they are a really bad idea for current so not sure) but something like the Hammerheads or some Mares are light enough and I can easily disassemble them to pack (then there is also the PENETRATOR GHOST FINS, ok maybe day dreaming).

But back to reality, has anyone looked at the lightest fin that was good for various diving conditions (I am going to full foot both for weight but boots don't dry quickly, they take a lot of room in the luggage (and I hardly ever do anything but boat dives), if so what do you recommend and what made you pick them

Peter

I love my Mares SuperChannels. They are 3.05 lbs for a pair in size 44-45 9.5-10.5. They were the fastest fin ever tested by Rodale's ScubaLabs back when they shared the actual numbers from their comparison tests.

I bought a pair of red SuperChannels for my son in size 42-43 8-9. They weigh 2.84 lbs for the pair. If that's your size, I'll be happy to sell them to you. They were only worn a few times in the pool before he outgrew them. Same story with a pair of Mares Avanti Tre. 3.2 pounds for a pair in size 46-47 11-12 in blue. He's outgrown those too.

I've also worn my ScubaPro Go Sports (3.6 lbs per pair in Large) and Force Fin Pros (3.3 lbs in Large) without booties and they worked fine.

img_20210121_170226_1-jpg.638157

Edit: I originally had the weight as 3.05 lbs each. I just reweighed them and it is 3.05 per pair.

These are lighter than all those up there

032.JPG

@happy-diver can you do me a favor and weigh the reef tourer fins, what size feet (10-11 here), and how do you find them in current?

I got one set of numbers for the atomic full foo spit fins at 2lbs a pair and another at 3lbs a pair, need to find somebody that has them and ask.

Back
Top Bottom