Light recs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jddgfd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have been reading and trying to figure out which lights to buy foe my first lights without breaking the bank.

for my primary I think its down to the dris 1000 (or impact) or the r1. I was wondering if anybody had both and has a comparison of actual brightness.

For my backup I'm looking at the dorcy 220 or the tovatec 220 wide angle. I thought the wide angle may be preferred for night diving ? Most of my diving will be in SoCal with some dives on vacay, like Cozumel in may.

My other thought was the dris 1000 impact with the 180 degree lamp as my wide angle for less beam light for nights and reef diving and getting dorcy as a penetrator type light?

Thoughts or suggestions

I own both a DRIS 1000 and a few R1s. The R1 is definitely brighter than the DRIS light. I also like that it's more compact, used AAA batteries, and has different power levels. It's my #1 selling light.

Dive-aholic,
Care to suggest a suitable video dive light for gopros?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the TillyTec LED4500 video light. Actually I use 2 of them, but 1 will also provide adequate light. Check out the videos I've posted in the past few months to see how they light up the inside of a few different caves.

Rob Neto on Vimeo

Back
Top Bottom