Light Recommendations for <$75???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take a look at Piranha Mfg's "Penetrator 180" dive light. 180 lumens, aluminum body with dual O-rings, twist head to turn on or off. $49.99 on sale

We just got two - and so far, they're pretty impressive.
Sounds great in many ways, but I won't use a twist head light underwater as I have twisted the wrong way, or a little too much and flooded a couple.

I like switches that I can't screw up and flood the light

Take a look at Piranha Mfg's "Penetrator 180" dive light. 180 lumens, aluminum body with dual O-rings, twist head to turn on or off. $49.99 on sale

****duplicate post - SORRY!*******

Last edited:
I have an Ikelite PC Lite LED. 5 Watts, 7 hour burn time, 75.95 at LP. Its a good light for the money. I have 4 other lights, bigger and smaller, this is my favorite. Its plenty bright for a primary light and small enough to carry when you just want something to check in holes for critters for day dives. Once you use an LED light, its hard to go back to a plain halogen or xenon bulb. The LED is tough (resistant to knocks) and bright as anything short of an HID. There are better lights out there, but you need to add an extra digit to the price.

I'm looking to get the Ikelite PCm LED light. It's the one with 4 AA batteries. What do you think of this light. Gives more light than the OxeCheq.

Adam

I was looking at this light too. It is the same as the Dorcy 180. But how difficult is it to turn on and off with drygloves?

Back
Top Bottom