Light package recommendation??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2Coconuts

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Quick question here...thinking about making a purchase tonight on a light set...I am trying to decide between two, maybe three sets...
1) Princeton Tec LED set with the Shockwave LED, the Impact XL LED, the Eco Flare, and the Tec 40...also comes with the wrist lanyard and retractor.
2) Princeton Tec Adventure Pack with the Shockwave II, the Impact XL LED, the Sea Star, and the Tec 40...also comes with the wrist lanyard and retractor.

I was just curious if the LED version of the Shockwave is really that much better then the standard Xenon Shockwave II??? The LED set is about $60 to $70 more...worth the difference in price??

The other set I might also consider is the Underwater Kinetics Dive Pak Set with teh C4 eLED primary light, the mini Q40 eLED, the mini-pocket eLED, and the eLED penlight.

Have to choose and buy tonight....help!!!

Quick question here...thinking about making a purchase tonight on a light set...I am trying to decide between two, maybe three sets...
1) Princeton Tec LED set with the Shockwave LED, the Impact XL LED, the Eco Flare, and the Tec 40...also comes with the wrist lanyard and retractor.
2) Princeton Tec Adventure Pack with the Shockwave II, the Impact XL LED, the Sea Star, and the Tec 40...also comes with the wrist lanyard and retractor.

I was just curious if the LED version of the Shockwave is really that much better then the standard Xenon Shockwave II??? The LED set is about $60 to $70 more...worth the difference in price??

The other set I might also consider is the Underwater Kinetics Dive Pak Set with teh C4 eLED primary light, the mini Q40 eLED, the mini-pocket eLED, and the eLED penlight.

Have to choose and buy tonight....help!!!

1st question: Where are you going and what do you need this for? The UK package is quite different from the other two since the SL4 eLED is a pocket light that is plenty for a primary in good visibility. Their C8 is the equivalent to the Shockwave.

Do you need 4 lights?

$60 or $70 more for the LED? Probably worth it. The LED will last longer, go out on you easier (no real need to change batteries preemptively) and the light is more vibrant.

I have 4 lights kind of like your Tec LED set but bought at various times from various people. I never use the smallest light except to see into my bunk on live aboard. It was a waste. For Caribbean diving I prefer the 4 C-cell pocket light to the big 8C pistol grip. So if I had to it to do over, I would probably buy the equivalent of 2 SL4 eLED's and a tank marker (always better than glowsticks). That pistol grip and a spare set of batteries is a beast to travel with.

I've had great customer service from UK (they fixed or replaced two lights that were damaged by my screw-ups), so that's what I'd buy (as penance for past mistakes). :D

Edit: Sorry. I see the C4 is a 4 C cell pistol grip. In that UK set, I don't think I'd want or use any of those lights.

Just got to use my new Nocturnal light in mexico, in the cenotes. The light was charged and I was using the 35 watt bulb. The light only lasted 15 minutes. My wife has a dark buster 21 watt the dark buster lasted both dives and lighted the places up the nocturnal did not do the job. For the same money the dark buster is a better deal.

Just got to use my new Nocturnal light in mexico, in the cenotes. The light was charged and I was using the 35 watt bulb. The light only lasted 15 minutes. My wife has a dark buster 21 watt the dark buster lasted both dives and lighted the places up the nocturnal did not do the job. For the same money the dark buster is a better deal.

Sorry to hear that, George. :(

Did you cycle the battery prior to the first use? 15 minutes is pretty low. Usually, the burn time will be less if the battery hasn't been cycled.

It might also be a defective charger. If that is the case, please let us know and we'll send you out a replacement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom