Light needs over time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetman

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I was a big fan of HID lights and spent enough on them (have a light canon and a halcyon 4.5).

Now, I dont seem to care at all what light i take with me for night dives - last one i did in cuba i didnt even bother with a light and watched everyone elses from afar.

I seem to be content with even just a backup light now and really don't care if the light i have is HID or not. I do like the canister aspect of that light and the battery life, but the cost seems disproportionate to its value IMO.

Anyone else seem to go that route or care less about it over time? If i was to do it again, i wouldn't bother with the HIDs or I'd get a cheap one or just a cheaper canister with an easily replacable battery. Or maybe just stick with the simple 3 cell backups (like a pelican supersabre or scout).

steve

wetman:
Hi,

I was a big fan of HID lights and spent enough on them (have a light canon and a halcyon 4.5).

Now, I dont seem to care at all what light i take with me for night dives - last one i did in cuba i didnt even bother with a light and watched everyone elses from afar.

I seem to be content with even just a backup light now and really don't care if the light i have is HID or not. I do like the canister aspect of that light and the battery life, but the cost seems disproportionate to its value IMO.

Anyone else seem to go that route or care less about it over time? If i was to do it again, i wouldn't bother with the HIDs or I'd get a cheap one or just a cheaper canister with an easily replacable battery. Or maybe just stick with the simple 3 cell backups (like a pelican supersabre or scout).

steve

Wouldn't dive without my 10W HID. Day, night, dive park, open ocean - it goes everywhere and is an essential part of my integrated rig now.

If you wanna downgrade, PM me.

K

Back
Top Bottom