Question Light & Motion 1200 PCB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi. Does anybody know if l would be able to buy a replacement PCB for my Light & Motion 1200 video light? I have two lights so l know the charger is fine. I’ve opened it up and can smell a burnt component, although l can’t work out which part has failed.

Attachments

• 04FAE47C-BA5C-4FBB-984B-CA505561CC5D.jpeg
    04FAE47C-BA5C-4FBB-984B-CA505561CC5D.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 3DEC9999-C376-4191-91EF-96F2AEF1787D.jpeg
    3DEC9999-C376-4191-91EF-96F2AEF1787D.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 58
The component is probably Q1 or Q2. Same problem as everyone. Unfortunately, its very hard to figure out what a replacement part would be since those components don't have full part numbers on them.

Can you try to figure out what part has burned out? You most likely can't get a new PCB.

Hi. Does anybody know if l would be able to buy a replacement PCB for my Light & Motion 1200 video light? I have two lights so l know the charger is fine. I’ve opened it up and can smell a burnt component, although l can’t work out which part has failed. Aq
I doubt you can get one from L&M; their usual response is to tell you to send it in and they'll fix it.
Your best bet might be to look for someone with a failed battery in a light of the same model, and buy the whole thing from them.

I doubt you can get one from L&M; their usual response is to tell you to send it in and they'll fix it.
Your best bet might be to look for someone with a failed battery in a light of the same model, and buy the whole thing from them.
Thanks for taking the time to respond, I’ll look in to it.

The component is probably Q1 or Q2. Same problem as everyone. Unfortunately, its very hard to figure out what a replacement part would be since those components don't have full part numbers on them.

Can you try to figure out what part has burned out? You most likely can't get a new PCB.
Is Q1/2 the transformer?

Ah, just zoomed in and clearly not the transformer. What are Q1/2 though? Voltage regulator?

3 terminals and in a pair so most likely transistors. There are many types of transistors and without a schematic and without part numbers, it won't be easy to fix. Probably would just blow out again without fixing the underlying problem.

I have a good LM-1200 and a bad LM-1200 and am able to get a part number off the good one but its an abbreviated part number, not the whole thing which for this type of part is useless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom