Light Monkey Salvo 35w HID Canister Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How tight of a beam does it make? How much adjustment is there to beam width? What are the dimensions of the canister? How old is the light?

How tight of a beam does it make? How much adjustment is there to beam width? What are the dimensions of the canister? How old is the light?

You might Google or search thus board the light there are several reviews that answer all your questions. It us the rolls of dice lights retails for $1700.

You might Google or search thus board the light there are several reviews that answer all your questions. It us the rolls of dice lights retails for $1700.

Which is exactly what I thought as well, and oddly enough, nothing I found answers that particular question (the beam question, anyway). I only see that it is "focusable". I was also talking to a friend that uses a Halcyon HID and he said you don't really focus so much as fine tune. And yet, I had found other posts on other boards where people talk about switching to a different reflector and chopping off some of the rear (or shimming the bulb) to get the beam spread they want. The light I current use take an Osram 50watt (or 35watt) bulb with a parabolic reflector that allows me to go insanely wide or very tight. Unfortunately burn time isn't that great and I'd like to know what I'd be giving up.

And if you google Light Monkey 35w Salvo reviw, this thread is near the top of their list. I would also add, that google isn't going to tell me how long this particular seller has owned the light :D

Which is exactly what I thought as well, and oddly enough, nothing I found answers that particular question (the beam question, anyway). I only see that it is "focusable". I was also talking to a friend that uses a Halcyon HID and he said you don't really focus so much as fine tune. And yet, I had found other posts on other boards where people talk about switching to a different reflector and chopping off some of the rear (or shimming the bulb) to get the beam spread they want. The light I current use take an Osram 50watt (or 35watt) bulb with a parabolic reflector that allows me to go insanely wide or very tight. Unfortunately burn time isn't that great and I'd like to know what I'd be giving up.

And if you google Light Monkey 35w Salvo reviw, this thread is near the top of their list. I would also add, that google isn't going to tell me how long this particular seller has owned the light :D

I'm asking $599 for a light that retailed for $1700 that most consider the best light made or certainly one of the best. I turned it on it worked. Burned near 5 hours. I have no idea of your other questions. How about this. Take a chance. You can always resell it.

I'm asking $599 for a light that retailed for $1700 that most consider the best light made or certainly one of the best. I turned it on it worked. Burned near 5 hours. I have no idea of your other questions. How about this. Take a chance. You can always resell it.

You have no idea how long you've owned the light?

Hi
Please could you post more pictures, specifically of the canister and some close ups to see wear and tear. I understnd you say it's in excellent condition, just need to check before commiting. Thanks a lot

Sure. I'm happy to take $425 worth of a chance as you say, including shipping by USPS flat rate priority and the paypal fees.

Back
Top Bottom