Light Monkey P-Valve replacement bolt/nut?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I lost the nut that you unscrew on your leg and it's leaking water into the suit.

I need either a fix by tomorrow morning or does anyone know what size nut I would need? Are they universal size and would dive shops readily carry them?

If it is a balanced P-valve, the missing bolt won't be a problem, also if it is plumbed up, it shouldn't be an issue either. I forgot to put the bolt in mine first time I used the suit after installing that LM valve. Just to be safe I put a piece of duck tale over the hole & a piece over the end of the tubing inside the suit. I had absolutely no problems with it. Not sure what size bolt it is, but without the O-ring, the bolt is pretty well useless. Not sure if it is universal or not, but I think you can probably get one ordered through any Light Monkey dealer. I'm thinking it is a universal bolt, but not sure of the size. I would guess, that if you can find out the size, you could easily get any machine shop to drill holes down the shaft & across the top of the shaft & put an o-ring on it.

Back
Top Bottom