Light mask scratches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a mask with a few minor scratches on the inside from cleaning it (probably the cloth I used at one time). Any advice on how to buff them out, or am I just going to have to live with them?

DiveMaven:
I have a mask with a few minor scratches on the inside from cleaning it (probably the cloth I used at one time). Any advice on how to buff them out, or am I just going to have to live with them?
Some tissues or cloths designed for cleaning eyeglasses have a bit of silicone oil that fills in the scratches. It makes them disappear, the same way that water onto scratched gauge surface pretty well makes the scratches disappear.

It's non-destructive, so I'd try that before moving onto more agressive solutions such as buffing powders.

DiveMaven:

Hi DiveMaven. We have recently started to represent a defog paste that is new on the market.....FogZero. This stuff works pretty good and is also sold as a scratch remover for eyeglasses and compact disks. Maybe it would be worth a try in your situation.....

FogZero Anti-Fog Paste

Thanks,

Phil Ellis

Phil, that stuff looks great!! I went to order some but although $5 is extremely reasonable, the over $8 shipping fee is kinda rough. Can you ship it for less?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom