light for strobe/video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

satellite

Reaction score
i tried the search but could not find an answer so if this has already been covered apologies

most modern digital cameras also take videos, not great but good enough to view

during a dive if i switch to video mode it is usually to dark to see anything clearly, and when i take pictures i spend alot of time fiddling with my strobes

why not put video lights on my still camera? if they are bright enough i can take a picture, and still see to video that pesky sea lion

seems like it is doable, but before i shell out more of the girlfriends money is there a reason this would not work?

thsnkd

Hi,

I am not certain I understood your comment completely, however, let me see if I can answer your question.

First and foremost, many modern digital video cameras have a still camera function, but the reverse is not universally true--most digital still cameras do not have a video function. The ones that do, to my knowledge, have a very, very limited video function...very limited. I do not know of any single lens reflex digital cameras that have a video function.

You can use a video light for the still function on your camera, but they really suck down battery charge. Normally, they are not as intense as a strobe and will not serve as a true stop-motion light.

So, the bottom line is you can use a video light for still photos, but it does not replace a strobe.

Did that help?

joewr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom