light for gopro minimal setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chinese EBay video lights at night in my pool. Video was a little shaky because I was holding the rig with one hand and schleping 19 cu ft. with the other. You can use cheap eBay GoPro handle bar mounts to attach to a pole and/or light. Just put some extension arm brackets.

I do agree that one light won't be enough to get good coverage and might make your pole nose heavy.

Try plastic gooseneck clamp in Google. Preferably with stiff plastic construction so they can support the flashlight weights ok underwater . On land they tend to flop. Ziptie to your pole and use the clamp on the light.... pro tip: use a lanyard in case the clamp gets knocked.

It's a low tech solution but can't beat the price.

Or something like ebay:
'Lazy Mount Double V Clip Cell Phones Holder Clamp Flexible Goose neck'

We found that using a pole was too wobbly and not very workable even with 2 smaller lights (like I showed). There's just too much weight and angles that are hard to keep aligned.

We found that using a pole was too wobbly and not very workable even with 2 smaller lights (like I showed). There's just too much weight and angles that are hard to keep aligned.

makes sense thanks, I will try with one good light - 1800 lumens should be as good as 2 x 850, ok with a smaller area but i don't mind that for the moment, and then see. Thanks!

thanks a lot northernone and cuzza! great ideas! :)

by the way do you guys know if a light temperature of 6500K is ok for videos with a gopro? Or I need a 5000k? I just posted a new thread for that... :)

Back
Top Bottom