light arms for Gates housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the Gates systems I am definitely a big fan of using the Ultralight Buoyancy Arms. For the smaller systems, like the HC7, the standard size buoyancy arms work well. For the larger systems (FX1/HVX200) I have been rigging up the new larger buoyancy arms from Ultralight. They are definitely a bit bulkier, but for large systems the added buoyancy makes a big difference.

For our HC7 customers, if you are using a WP25 port, you can either use standard ULCS arms (8" and 5") for each light head (I really like the Green Force Squid 50 lights on these systems). I also like using dual 8" buoyancy arms as well. and if you are using the SWP25, a set of 8" buoyancy arms is a MUST HAVE for your system.

I am currently toying with the use of DivinyCell for these complete systems and should have some pics and details within the coming weeks.

Thought I dig this thread up again as I [gulped] ended up making an impulse buy and got the dual 24W HID heads from Salvo. Barry at Salvo gave me an upgrade offer I couldn't resist... :wink:

So now I'm back to arms. As these light heads aren't very heavy, I am leaning towards putting them on loc-line flex arms (already have one from my previous single HID). If I went with ULCS arms, I'm concern with the making my setup too negative without having to resort to buoyancy arms.

But I'm curious why Mike (H20photopros) recommends ulcs-type articulated arms vs locline? And with a WP25 port, how wide would I want to set my lights?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom