Light and Motion Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was fortunate to win a light and motion GoBe 700 Wide light on the first night party in Roatan. I'd always thought they looked cool but I already had a nice aluminum light with a tight spot. So I figured the GoBe would be a nice backup light. Until my first night dive with it.

This light is fantastic. At 700 lumens it puts out a nice beam that lasts a long time (1.5 hours at 700 lumens). But what I didn't realize is that the wide beam really lit up the reef like I'd never seen before. It made it much easier to spot the little creepy crawlies that come out at night and it really transformed the way I think of night diving. And it is so wonderfully light! My former primary light probably weighs 3 pounds.

Once you dive one of these GoBe lights your light requirements will probably be redefined. I know mine were. The 700 Wide will be my primary night dive light in the future, and before my next trip I'm going to try to try to pick up a 700 spot as a secondary. The spot will be used as a backup and to explore dark crevices in the corals during the day time!

Thanks Light and Motion for being a sponsor to the invasions! :)

Although I don't own a GoBe, I do have two sets of Solas (1200s and 2000s) and their uniform wide beam makes spotting subjects to film and recording them a dream.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom