Lift bags, spare knife, spools etc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Natural

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
For those of us without drysuits with pockets, where does everyone position their excess gear such as lift bags, spare masks, wet notes etc and in what?

Well, if you're interested in the DIR answer, which I assume you are considering you posted this in the DIR forum, the answer is "your pockets."

If you're interested in alternative answers, which are decidedly non-DIR, I'd be happy to move this thread to the appropriate forum for you :)

jonnythan:
If you're interested in alternative answers, which are decidedly non-DIR, I'd be happy to move this thread to the appropriate forum for you :)
How about x-shorts?

You can also put your liftbag in the storage pack on your backplate.

All DIR... :D

I guess you could wear X-shorts LOL They seem to get the coke rap around here.
I would simply glue on a velcro close pocket (bellow style)
In fact I think I have one for sale $35 if your interested send me a pm.

Glue pockets onto your wetsuit.

Hint: if YOU do it, wear the wetsuit when (someone else) puts the pockets in position. It stretches. If you glue the pockets on when it's not stretched and then try to put it on, guess what happens? Another concept is to put a backing patch onto the pockets, then glue the backing patch to the wetsuit.

X-shorts work pretty well except for Rule #6 violation.

A better option is to get a drysuit...with pockets.

YMMV.

I'm definately looking for the DIR method. Right now I have two pockets on my waist strap that hold my lift bag, and dive slate, and a thigh bag that holds my spool and shears. My dad has a bag by Deep Outdoors that can hold all this crap on the waist band in one bag.

you can wear a pouch. i use this when im not using a can light. its dir and you can put lots of stuff inside

I was thinking through the same question.

Is thigh pocket DIR? I am using it for a while before I overcome DIR. I am planning to keep my notebook and surface marker in them.

Suppose thigh pockets are DIR, is there specific instructions on which side I should wear them?

I was thinking about having pockets glued onto my wetsuit. Where can I get the pocket kits and instructions? I am using a 0.5mm wetsuit, would that be too thin to have pockets on them?

Thanks alot!!!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom