Lift bag off the coast of Mass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emack

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Mother nature traded me a few pounds of scallops for my lift bag 7/23/17 off the coast of Massachusetts. As I descended my bag was swept away by a pretty fast surface current (no way I would have gone after it) and I didn't notice it missing until on the bottom with a full bag of scallops. It was a fair trade as the scallops are really good.... I just feel bad about my lift bag floating away adding plastic to the ocean. Good bye lift bag. I hope you find a nice home in southern Mass or Rhode Island. (sniff).

My SMB vanished my last dive trip, and I am blaming the plastic clip that I used to attach to my BCD, although I don't know for sure. My replacement SMB has a brass clip to add security. May I ask how your lift bag was attached/stored?

I had brass clips on both my strap and lift bag. I thought they were both attached upon entry. I was holding both the strap, lift bag and scallop bag as I hand over handed it to the anchor rope. It must have came off the clip... 2 to 3 footers rolling in... it could have bend any thing really.

Back
Top Bottom