Life when your other half does/doesn't dive....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leapfrog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was wondering how important diving is within our relationships. Does your husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend or your "other half "dive? How does that affect your realationship? If you are single is it important to you when thinking of "diving in", that he or she dives?

They've never been divers and I liked it that way. Conversely, I liked it when they had something to do besides me. I wouldn't have kicked them off the boat for eating crackers but, I think, some separateness is conducive to greater intimacy, which leads to the unfortunate question; what does a woman mean when she calls a man a **** (rhymes with mutt)? ( and yes, I know this is all in the past tense)

My wife and children all dive; it is the ultimate family activity-everyone is together, in a beautiful, serene setting and NO ONE CAN TALK!

My wife did not dive for the first 17 years we were together, I dove locally but no big trips, my youngest wanted to dive from the time she was able to understand that I was breathing underwater cleaning our pool. When she was 10 and my son 15 they got certified and my wife decided to do the same.

Our dive travel picked up considerably when my wife got involved....

Yes to dive together. (certified together)
I think it makes you closer. When you surface you can continue the dive by talking about it. Someone who doesn't dive would get really bored listening to you talk about coral...

Yes, she dives...originally just a warm water diver but now we have her outfitted for the great white north. We enjoy our time apart but have a blast diving all over the world.

Attachments

• The pen and the girl.JPG
    The pen and the girl.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 31
I am single and not willing to date someone who is not a diver. My weekends and vacations are spent diving with a great group, albeit it married group, of people. A weekday, non vacation land loving partner is not my idea of fun :)

She does not dive, it gets me out of the house for a few hours a week but some times i wish that she did and some times NOT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom