Life ins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FF-EMT Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Not sure if this is the right place since is does somewhat pertain to scuba, if it's not plz move it.

My wife and I are 22 and 23 respectively we recently built a new home and decided to get life ins above what is provided on our jobs. I have a hx of high blood pressure and take a low dose med for it and it is WELL controlled. My BP was BARELY borderline but since I work as a Paramedic I wanted to lower my BP early in life anyway the reviewed our applications and gave her the VERY great rate they had quoted initially, mine however went up by $50/month when I asked why they said it was a combination of my diving and HTN. (they said my profile was risky) I took them to task on that pointing out that we dive about 4-6 times a yr and avg depth is 35-75 ft with a max of 130. I also pointed out that my profile was the same as hers.

So does this sound like what ya'll are getting or should I look somewhere else for mine?

Tips/recommendations are welcome.

You should get quotes from several sources.

Also, don't get a policy where "something is paid off" The house being paid for does not provide grocery money. Have the proceeds come directly to the survivor, who can then decide how to best use the money.

Back
Top Bottom