Life in Dixie comes full circle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom wicker

Contributor
Reaction score
Its funny some times how life can play jokes on individuals. Monday I was blessed with a beautiful Daughter all 6# 7.5 ounces of her. In my mind a future dive buddy I’ve been on cloud nine all week

Today I received a call at work pleading with me to come home quick! There has been a death in the family my knees wobbled and my throat closed on me my kids and wife raced through my mind I was able to ask how is my kids dad is my wife ok? There was silence for what seemed an eternity. In a failing voice he said Son their fine but your Mom and Sister needs you as fast as you can get there. As I approached Moms place there was my Sister on her knees with her hands in her face and my Mother on the porch.

As I ran to my Mother to ask mom are you ok my sister looked up at me and I knew the moment I seen her face it was something to do with her.

Today I lost a nephew the same as a son to me. Not only was he like a son he was my dive buddy and fellow Spearo partner. He was born and bred a Dixie diver. Life is funny sometimes me and Mike has dived the Alabama beaches for some time now looking for sharks just to get a look at one, heck we was in the water the next day after the old boy got attacked in the water at the Pink Pony. We separated ways when he went to Iraq where he was wounded pretty bad with a road side bomb but still managed to pull 17 of his fellow Marines from what was left of there transport before collapsing into what would be a close call on his life

Now after all this and months on the road to a full recovery "Mike Browns" heart decides to call it quits. You tournament Spearo’s count yourself lucky we were planning on giving you a run for your money this year.

People do yourself a favor hug your kids and tell them you love them, you never know just what the next day will bring

I am sorry to hear of your loss Tom you and your family are in my prayers. But on a brighter note congrats on your new baby girl.

Tom im so sorry for your loss.These keys on this cp will not do my regards justice.I wish I were there to shed a tear with you . My regards Brandy Holland and Family

Damn Tom, sorry to hear that buddy. :( Congratulations on the new kid though.

Tom I'm sorry for your loss. :(

It is hard to offer condolences and congratulations in the same post. The birth of your daughter is a blessed event and the beginning of a life is a time of celebration. The end of the life of a dear friend is a time of sorrow and both happening within the same week must seem like quite an emotional rollercoaster. I pray that your family will be blessed and uplifted during this time.

Congrats on the newborn. Sorry to hear about you nephew. You and your family will be in our thoughts. If I can do ANYTHING for you our your family PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom