LF: Suunto Vyper USB Cable, Bungee mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pao

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi! I'm looking for a Suunto Vyper USB data cable. The local distributor (Aquaventure WT) does not seem to have any and is only available by special order. I'm also interested if anybody out there knows where I can get a bungee mount for the Vyper locally.

Thanks!

You are looking for a DSS mount. If you can't get one locally just PM me.

Jim

Attachments

• DSS mount.jpg
    DSS mount.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
You are looking for a DSS mount. If you can't get one locally just PM me.

Jim

Yes, great little mounts. I have two - one for my sunto compass and another for my uwatec bottom timer. carefull what size bungee and how tight you keep them as i had to replace one of my mounts after the bungee tore thru the hole.

Mikeng, do u have the bungee straps for the Vyper? Ill be in Cebu on the 4th.

When I put the bungee cord on the DSS mount I use a thinner cord ( 1/8 inch) as opposed to the thicker stuff (3/16 inch) and I cut it long enough to insert a cable lock that would allow me to adjust the tension and the length of the cord.

This makes it easier to:
1. get it over a gauge/ watch you already have on that arm.
2. if you own a dry suit with dry gloves it can get over the rings ( not applicable to you guys over in the Philippines)
3. If you need to lend your gauges to somebody it will allow you to adjust it to different diameters.

The extra length of chords can just be tucked under the boot.

Jim

I just got my DSS SK-7 bungee mount and placed an order for the Vyper mount. Removing the compass from the original boot initially looked like a major PITA. I searched the web and decided on the "hot water" trick. I immersed the compass in hot water (about 45C I think) for about 3 minutes and worked on prying off the bezel/friction ring. I was afraid to use a screwdriver to pry off the bezel/friction ring. So what I did was try to insinuate a braided nylon sash cord between the original boot and the bezel to distribute the prying force. I gradually applied tension to the cord and worked it into the space between the boot and the bezel and the bezel/retaining ring disengaged! I was then able to remove the retaining ring/bezel and the compass with just my fingers. I suspect any cord or piece of string thick enough will also do the trick.

Hi Pao,

Who/where is the DSS dealer in Manila.. I'm looking for a Vyper bungee mount also.

Cheers,
Andy

Back
Top Bottom