let's see your old, beat up, used dive gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lobbolt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I think this would be interesting to see what gear looks like after being used for a long time. Unfortunately I just got my gear and they're still almost brand new. Post those pics up.

Ok, here is my "vintage" set. The regulator is a 1958 USD Mistral and the single hose is a 1968 Calypso. The Dacor vest is circa 1974ish. The ScubaPro Stilleto knife is from the 60s and the Ikelite Superlight was from about 1975. The Dacor safety flaot is from the mid 70s and the Dacor oval mask also from the early 70s and the UDT fins are "new" vintage manufacture. The depth guages are from USD and Voit. This gear has much use! N

My "classic" set. Seatec back inflate BC, Tekna 2100B regualtors and Mares MR12, Plana fins augmented with new Mares X vision or a 1980s Dacor SeaVue mask. The knife is circa 1984 Wenoka, the mini guage cosole is ScubaPro with a 1970 USD SPG, early 80s Tekna super accurate depth recording guage, Princeton Tectonis Bottom Timer from circa 1982 and Heuer dive watch. This gear also has bunches of dives on it. No pics yet of my "modern" set. N

"nemrod - have you dived in those two old sets lately?"

Define "lately", last weekend no, last summer yes! I don't live near a coast right now so my diving is limited compared to in the past but I get in the water numerous times throughout the year. The "vintage" set is being readied for some diving this coming season, the "classic" set is my main dive gear. Look, I got tons of gear, these are just representative of my stuff. I have a new set going together--slowly----consisting of soon a Hammerhead BP, a Halycon wing, new Mares Proton Metals etc. I hate to tell folks but those Teknas in my "classic" set at depth and working hard are diffucult to beat. Shallow they are jumpy and quirky, still, I like them. The Mares MR12 and a Voit MR12 sets are my backup regulators. Unlike the jackarse in the movie "OpenWater", when I go diving I have backup gear so I don't loose a dive or have to bum gear and cause a ruckus.
And nope, I don't use a computer, past, present or future and often I don't use a BC either. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom