Let me introduce myself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve, just tell the Boss that Wifey is taking DIR-F with me in July (the weekend after I come up there). I'm sure whe won't let Jen show her up :wink:. I made Jen watch the DIR III video and that pretty much set her mind too it (aside from switching her BCD for a BP/Wings and sneaking a 7' hose onto her regulator when she wasn't looking). She's been reading the book, watching the skill clips that I downloaded and asking me a bunch of questions. Now she wants to learn about the 'rest of it.' Heck, we've even been working out for a few months now and actually getting 'in shape' for diving - GI3 would be proud.

How's that proverb go? When the student shuts his piehole, the teacher is around somewhere... I don't know, something like that :)

-Frank

Not sure about the pie-hole part of the proverb, Grasshopper, but I think I've heard it before too.

I didn't realize that you're quickly becoming a lean mean fighting machine, until I read your eating and workout schedule today.

Holy crap!!! So I guess the Wendy's Spicey Chicken Combo won't suffice for Sunday's lunch???

hehehehe

I havent got the foggiest how one would "sneak" a 7ft hose onto a reg set without the owner knowing, but I'll run with ya on that for a while :)

I'm still trying to convince her what 6" is ;-)

Oooops, sorry Moderators.

As to the reading material, unless I could convince her that part way through the GUE manual there's a hot steamy "confrontation", she won't read it. Jen is way beyond Leanne as far as "wanting" to do it is concerned.

TTYL

Steve

Actually, if Wendy's is my only choice for a meal, I'll get a baked potato (carb portion), a side salad (veggie portion), and order of chicken thinggies (protein portion) and a diet coke. All for $4.20USD (6% Governor's tax). So we could do Wendy's :)

As far as the 6" goes, all ya'all (sorry, couldn't resist) are metrical (ok, I'll stop now) up on that side of the lake right? How would she know? Besides, 15cm sounds 'bigger' doesn't it?

Wait, have we managed to hijack another thread? Call the FAA...

As for the book, just find a hot, steamy portion somewhere else and tape it over the pictures of GI3 in his speedos :)

-Frank

GI3 in a speedo......hehehe

5 coffee's (1 instant with a splash of sugar)
6-500ml water from then until noon.

That was breakfast........dare I say more about my eating habits?

Dead before I'm 55 bud.

But HEY! I did get 6 hrs sleep last night.

Insurance??? I'm the bean counters worst nightmare!!!!! I have lots!

Steve

P.S. $4.20 will get you an empty cup and a pickle, here in Taxada.

Scuba_Steve:
GI3 in a speedo......hehehe

Yeah that will get us out diving :wink: Perhaps the answer is to have a womens only DIRF course, then we don't have to worry about listening to the more than one Instructor(eg. our husbands). I am sure that I would learn way more without my beloved OCAR in the way asking me to "look what I can do" all the time. But alas I fear it is not to be, he is still trying to figure out how to fit in the July long weekend course, since we fly at 6am on July 5..... :11:

See, the thing is - well, to be sneaky :)

If there's something in the class that you notice someone isn't quite 'getting,' just ask the instructor to explain it one more time in front of the whole class. I find that usually is enough to start a good conversation and the person (not neccessarily a spouse) that's not understanding thing will jump right in and ask some questions of their own. Of couse, some people will have stage fright and never ask anything, but hey - give 'em a chance. With every class that Wifey and I have done together (with the exception of one where we were the only 2), we've asked to be teamed up with other people. Not that we get on each other's nerves, it just works out well. With our upcomming DIR-F class though, we'll probably remain a buddy pair in order to build our teamwork skills. My 2bar.

-Frank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom