Let me introduce myself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firefly:
I have done this one many times and I always enjoy it....what time are you guys meeting up? If it isn't too early I should be able to talk my buddy into diving.....he is now in love with his drysuit (since it no longer is trying to kill him) and has a new pair of booties to try out. He keeps talking about getting back to the Munson adn Kingston asap.... he read about Steve getting a DIRf course together :11: and is trying to decide if he can fit one in before we leave (1st week in July)since NTD has one the long weekend.... :eyebrow:

Conviently there is now a couple of spaces on that course also, as a couple of gentlemen had to go and serve our country.

I just can't make it this time of year for the DIRf Tom. Damn, I'd go in a second, with a group or otherwise, but I'm screwed for time.

My plan, as you know is to bring Leanne, and I think she needs a bit more work (IMHO) so she can get the maximum benefit out of the course. There's not much sense in struggling so much that you absolutely hate diving when it's all done. I'd rather her be more comfortable. I was able to watch one in Ohio (For a few minutes here and there) with Brandon a few weeks ago, A (new) friend of mine was on this course. She's an absolutely excellent diver, and the few times I have dove with her, I have always been very "at ease", is how I put it. She's a cave diver and a Trimix diver. She told me where she was having some problems and I was suprised, as I know how steady and solid she is underwater.

Anyway, I know I'll get LOTS out of this course, and I'd personally love to get an entire group of friends together. It just makes sense to do it with the group of people you dive most with. I've had a couple say they'd go, so I think it won't be long to get 6 people.

We'll talk more when everyone gets serious about it, and for me, when time permits.

I think Leftwinger27 would make a fine candidate too.

Steve

I agree CD/Girl, but if it's too much too quick, she'd hate it. And that wouldn't benefit anyone. She's still in that "I don't need to know this stuff, I'm just a recreational diver" mode. It's typicial, but she is coming along.

I agree Tom, everyone who hasn't taken it would get something from it, I'm sure of it. (Which is exactly why I want to do it too.) I will admit to not knowing near enough to do the diving that I was doing (And lets not even talk about my inwater actual diving skill problems), and it took the very real possiblility of failing my course with Steve Lewis to "Bring it up a notch" for me. Hey, he just sat back and let me fall all over myself......it was real easy to see. He told me during the course basically to just relax and get diving, and when I finally "got it", I would look back and chuckle. Well, I'm in the process of "getting it", and I can look back far enough to get a small laugh, but I'm more focused on the future.

I keep going back to his course, as this was the eye opener I needed. I should have gotten it a couple years before, but better late than never. So now my mini-crusade has started for myself and my dive buddy(s) to make us all better and safer divers. This course (DIRf) IMO fits the bill perfectly.

So D/Mistress..you in????

Steve

Maybe the two OCAR's could take the course and the "wives" could do some relaxin'.....I also feel like I am not ready for the DIRf course, I have the manual and know the theory, but we fight enough underwater as it is...I wouldn't want my second et of dives of the season to be in the course.....maybe the end of the summer is better.......although Jase is itchin to perfect his frog kick :wink:

Uhggggg. No relaxin' here!!!

The light is green, and the guys behind you are pushin' to get out!!! You're going whether you want to or not!!!! So close your eyes and get on with it!

Ooooops, sorry, that's my airborne C-130 days, but it works here too.

Scuba_Steve:
I agree CD/Girl, but if it's too much too quick, she'd hate it. And that wouldn't benefit anyone. She's still in that "I don't need to know this stuff, I'm just a recreational diver" mode. It's typicial, but she is coming along.

I agree Tom, everyone who hasn't taken it would get something from it, I'm sure of it. (Which is exactly why I want to do it too.) I will admit to not knowing near enough to do the diving that I was doing (And lets not even talk about my inwater actual diving skill problems), and it took the very real possiblility of failing my course with Steve Lewis to "Bring it up a notch" for me. Hey, he just sat back and let me fall all over myself......it was real easy to see. He told me during the course basically to just relax and get diving, and when I finally "got it", I would look back and chuckle. Well, I'm in the process of "getting it", and I can look back far enough to get a small laugh, but I'm more focused on the future.

I keep going back to his course, as this was the eye opener I needed. I should have gotten it a couple years before, but better late than never. So now my mini-crusade has started for myself and my dive buddy(s) to make us all better and safer divers. This course (DIRf) IMO fits the bill perfectly.

So D/Mistress..you in????

Steve

Hey there Scuba_Steve,

When do we have time to do a DIRf course?

Let's see when my next open weekend is.......the end of September!

If there's a course then I'd consider it but I might still be broke from the Empress....and then there's Cuba in November.

Where did I plant that money tree???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom