lenses for PT-010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TedJ once bubbled...
Dee,
Any reason you didn't buy the Olympus PWC-01?

It wasn't on the market yet. If I was buying right now, I would probably buy it. It would certainly be thoroughly researched.

I havn't yet been able to find any reviews on the Olympus PWC I did notice it is about $60 more than the S&S and it comes with step up rings so you can attatch it to the camera outside of the housing. I wonder if that means it works well out of water as well. I will continue to look for some reviews. If anyone has this lens let me know how you like it.

and it comes with step up rings so you can attatch it to the camera outside of the housing. I wonder if that means it works well out of water as well
Agape, I would be inclined to think that the step up ring is for housings with a smaller port diameter (like the PT-012). 'Wet' lenses need water between the lens and the port to work - I doubt if you'd want to attach it to anything other than a housing
:) ....

I agree with ReyeR....the Oly PWC is a wet lens. The step rings are more than likely to use the lens with different housings.

I can save you that $60 and recommend the S&S WAL L lens. I have been totally pleased with mine. My WA photos have been critiqued by pro's who could find no vignetting at all. Found lots about the photos I can improve on but no blurry edges! :D :D :D

:) Just got my UN PWC-01 WAL lens at work today. Screwed it on, went downstairs and took a few photos topside. No black edges on full wide, but as expected, plenty of barrel and edge distortion topside:

Full wide:

fc55c2d5.jpg

Top left detail:

fc55c2d4.jpg

Full tele:

fc55c2d3.jpg

Top right detail:

fc55c2d2.jpg

Hopefully I'll be testing it UW on the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom