Lense Adapter For Canon Housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a Canon camera for shooting macro underwater with the help of macro lenses. I'm thinking either the Canon Powershot A650 or G9. However, both cameras are new in the market and I'm not sure whether the macro lenses currently available can be used for both underwater housings. For your information that the housing for A650 is WP-DC18 and G9 is WP-DC21.

I read in this forum that there is a thread adapter available by Dyron for WP-DC11 i.e. the G7 housing. Can anyone confirmed this? If it is true then the macro lenses can be used for G7 housing.

Please let me have some feedback.

Thank you.

inon has not decided whether to support the dc21which would allow the attachments. ike is going to come out with the housing for the g9 sometime this month which will definately allow their use. it will need a mount though as i understand it but they are cheap. the ike housing will allow a hot shoe also which is a real good reason to choose it. it will be more expensive than the canon housing but it can do much more. tom

There is a little rumor on the G9 that they may build it so that the flat port is not needed. When I called Ikelite on this, they could not confirm it, but they are evaluating it.. With the Ikelite flat port and WA lens, there is some vignetting on the shots, unless you compensate a little with zooming in, which defeats the wide-angle a little.. you still get some WA, but not as much.

I hope they do allow a wider "mouth" on the lens housing part so that an adapter is not needed...

Back
Top Bottom