Lens cover for PT-015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DBailey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Is the PT-015 supposed to come with a lens cover? Mine did not.

Anyone know where I can pick on up?

Off to check with Olympus...

DBailey:
Is the PT-015 supposed to come with a lens cover? Mine did not.

Anyone know where I can pick on up?

Off to check with Olympus...
Aloha!
Nope, no lens cover. The other day a lady came on the boat and had one. Her hubby said that he got it at a photo shop -It's a standard size lens cover (screw in kind).

Mine didn't,either.
You probably can get one from Olympus-although I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable folks around here can be more specific.
I use a cut down beer "cozzie"(sp?)[one of those foam rubber things you put around a beer can.-it works and it floats!]

Mike

Go to any photo store and get one that fits 67mm. They fit just like the one for your camera.

I use a rubber pipe cap. Someone somewhere posted a link to B&H Photo but I can't find it on there.

aak.jpg

miked:
Mine didn't,either.
You probably can get one from Olympus-although I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable folks around here can be more specific.
I use a cut down beer "cozzie"(sp?)[one of those foam rubber things you put around a beer can.-it works and it floats!]

Mike

After reading this on another post regarding the beer cozzie I thought what a great idea. I tried it and it works great.

Another vote for the beer coozie.

Mine's a coke coozie :D .

Another vote here for the coozie thing - we call 'em stubby holders here :wink:

Indestructible, excellent padding, easy to use, cheap to replace if you forget to put it back on or it is otherwise engaged :eyebrow:

I actually have several for other bits and bobs, too...and a spare, of course, for after the dive!

The Koozie woorks great. I just kept losing mine. I'd generally find it around one of Beast's cold beverage....even if it was sort of short!

Another alternative on this one. I've discovered that the top off of a pack of Lay's Potato Chips fits nicely over a 5060 casing so I guess it should be fine on the 5050 too.

It's cheap to replace and comes with free potato chips too :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom