Lens cover for Inon UWL-100 (no dome port)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I have an Inon UWL-100 wide angle, but no dome port. Does anyone have some suggestions on a cover that I can take underwater?

It comes with a plastic one that I'm not confident about staying on and/or not floating away. I see Inon makes a neoprene one for the dome lenses, but in checking with Reef Photo they said the cover for the dome lens won't stay on the UWL-100.

Any thoughts?

The neoprene cover is not used underwater, I remove it before I submerge and leave it off until the lens has been cleaned and dried. If I am afraind it might get banged I will rinse the front dome and then dry it with a microfiber cloth and then place the dry neoprene cover on the lens. Do not cover a wet lens.

N

I simply cut a rectangular piece of neoprene, punch four round holes, one near each corner and thread and tie a thin bungee-like cord through the holes which then can be slipped over the lens to protect it until I have completed my decent. I remove it and slip the apparatus onto my arm until I replace it over the lens before ascending.
Sorry, I don't know how to attach a photo to this thread as it would give you a better illustration of what the item looks like when on my lens.

The neoprene cover is not used underwater, I remove it before I submerge and leave it off until the lens has been cleaned and dried. If I am afraind it might get banged I will rinse the front dome and then dry it with a microfiber cloth and then place the dry neoprene cover on the lens. Do not cover a wet lens.

N

Right. Sorry, I was more thinking about getting into the water and the ride in the camera bucket on the way out (sharing the rinse bucket with other cameras, etc.).

dhoro, I get the gist of what you're saying, I like it...

Thanks!

Right. Sorry, I was more thinking about getting into the water and the ride in the camera bucket on the way out (sharing the rinse bucket with other cameras, etc.).

dhoro, I get the gist of what you're saying, I like it...

Thanks!

I don't put the camera in the rinse, uh, camera hell torture bucket, nope, sorry but once I assemble the camera in the room it is in my hand or my wife or buddy until I get back to the room. I rinse if possible with the fresh water hose or dip it in the rinse bucket but I do not toss it in the bucket where the case will be banged, the lens smashed, the strobe mashed and the lens port ground into the bottom of the bucket. Oh, and when it gets broken, there is always the I am sorry, and I am standing there holding hundreds of dollars of broken junk, been there and done that, no thanks and now you know why I don't want a huge slr rig ever again.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom