Legend Lx supreme vs Mares Abyss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cerich:
Being Oceanic I also beg you to check out the Delta 4 bias aside the reg rocks!

I agree with Cerich on this... I've tried all these regs (and they are all very good), but the Delta 4/FDX 10 totally ROCKS! Give it a chance, and I guarantee that you will not be disappointed. I bought the Delta 4 over quite a few other regs and I haven't had a regret yet.

But, if you were going to pick from only the two that you have mentioned... I would go with the Legend LX Supreme.

(By the way, the Delta 4 beat the Mares Abyss in the Scubalab review of 2005's best new breathers.)

Unfortunatly, I do not get the free octo when I purchase the legend lx. The deal I get with the company is too good, to include a free octo would be almost like stealing.

BTW, Mares has free parts for life starting Jan 1st, 06. If you bought a mares reg from Jan 1st 2004, you can upgrade for 35 dollars

Most of my diving will be in monterey, with recreational diving.

I've got an idea, ill just buy both!

Jorbar1551:
Unfortunatly, I do not get the free octo when I purchase the legend lx. The deal I get with the company is too good, to include a free octo would be almost like stealing. .

Don't think that's true. The dive shop you're buying from isn't giving the reg away - Aqualung is. So long as you are buying from an authorized vendor you should qualify for the reg.

I'm picking up a set of the Legend LX next month for a great deal and will get the free octo with it. The difference in the LX and LX Supreme is cosmetic (the engraving and the mouth piece) and a little bit of adjustment (intermediate pressures are different). I'd save a few bucks more and go with the LX and have the shop adjust the intermediate pressure if you're concerned with freezing.

Jorbar1551:
Unfortunatly, I do not get the free octo when I purchase the legend lx. The deal I get with the company is too good, to include a free octo would be almost like stealing.

QUOTE]

Shame, Aqualung is giving the free octo to the dealer, not giving that to the cust. would be almost like stealing.

Legend LX, even without free octo. It is a hockey pug anyway.

artek:
Legend LX, even without free octo. It is a hockey pug anyway.

No it's the legend Octo, not the LPO that looks like a hockey puck.

cerich:
No it's the legend Octo, not the LPO that looks like a hockey puck.
sorry i could be wrong on this one, i think that apeks with the same deal pushes LPO then.

artek:
sorry i could be wrong on this one, i think that apeks with the same deal pushes LPO then.

Yeah it looks like all the apeks get the one (Egress)that looks like a LPO but it's a balanced octo which is what it needs to be in order not to freeflow on the unbalanced (whoops mean "over balanced":wink: ) Apeks first stages.

Best,

Chris

http://www.aqualung.com/breathe_free.html

Between Mares and Aqualung I'll choose Aqualung every time. (Having owned & Dove various regs from both companies)

if I ever went pack to purely recreational diving I'd be hunting for another conshelf :D

Back
Top Bottom