Legend LX Purge Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fins Up

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I recently purchased a new aqualung Legend LX regulator and Legend Octo.
When I push the purge button on the second stage of the legend lx I don't get that whoosh of air like I do when I purge the octo. It purges, but not as strong as the octo.

Does anyone know if that is the design of the legend lx, or do you think there is a problem that I should have checked out?

I would expect it to be the other way around.... primary having a stronger purge than octo....
It might mean that the primary is tuned to breathe harder than the octo, which would be unusual, or there might simply be a slight difference in the thickness of the soft purge cover.
.....try swapping covers and rings and see if it is still the same.
If that doesn't make any difference you could back off the orifice a bit on the primary.

......just seen that you said it was a new purchase.....take it back to the shop and have them tune it properly for you.

Thanks Fishpie....
That is what I was thinking, but wanted some opinions from some experienced divers.
Gotta love Scuba Board :clapping:

Mine does not purge heavily on the surface either, but does fine underwater.

Are all 1st stage ports equal on these? I know on my Sherwoods 2 of the 5 LP ports are designated as primary as they have the best flow.

Pete

This one only has one adjustment knob that controls both

---------- Post Merged at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Hoses are same diameter...
I am not sure about the equal ports.. that one i will have to check..

i am able to purge underwater but it isnt stong like the octo...

Back
Top Bottom