Legend LUX Supreme discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin Floyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I haven’t dropped in to my local shop yet but was browsing the internet looking at this regulator and saw that a couple of the online shops were running discounts or out of stock due to “discontinued”. Clearing space for new model or a problem?

Yup, aqualung is redoing there legend line. Local shops are not happy since the new ones aren't shipping for several months and current stock levels are low, I couldn't get one locally if inwanted to.

Launch of new Legends is early January. Pre-orders have been booked, but have not heard yet if the initial supply will be close to the pre-orders.

3 models each in yoke and DIN. No more Supreme distinctions or womens versions.
Legend (venturi only)
Legend MBS (same type as Legend LX)
Legend Elite (venturi & opening effort)

Thanks for the info. Not sure if this is the for sure buy for me. Need more research. But if I was to go this direction what do y’all think about buying one of these “older” models at these reduced prices?

Thanks for the info. Not sure if this is the for sure buy for me. Need more research. But if I was to go this direction what do y’all think about buying one of these “older” models at these reduced prices?

If you can find one, jump on it great regs

My single tank regs are the Legend LX Supreme. I’ve been diving them since 2016 without issue. Love them. Grab one if you want it.

One more new item in the mix, shipping now: Apeks MTX-RC adds a venturi control and opening effort control to the current MTX-R. I assume that will improve the WOB so it is more friendly to the recreational diver, but haven't gotten the specs yet.

You should buy the current model at a big discount. I was very unhappy to find out that I paid the going price for a Legend LX Supreme and a month later they went on sale 40% off. Good thing is that it works well and I'm satisfied with the performance. Just out a couple hundred $ that could have been used for some other diving goodies.

Back
Top Bottom