Legend/AT50/Delta 3 for 1st reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NotAnotherJAFO

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Newbie here. To the posts and to the sport (for all intensive purposes) I've been reading the posts regarding the choices of regulators out there. I think I have it narrowed down to three. The Aqualung Legend Supreme because of the great reviews and how some were saying it competes against some of the other higher end regulators. The Apeks AT50 I think because they seem to be very highly recommended although I need to research them more and the Oceanic Delta 3 CDX5 because my instructor/store owner recommended it and It got good reviews. Does any one have any thoughts on the matter? You're opinions would be appreciated. Also I think I have settled on a DIN valve and a yoke adapter as I can grow into it with later Nitrox and higher PSI steel tanks.

I have an Aqualung Titan. If the the legend is any better I'd be surprised. I think both the legend serries and the titan have the same first stage the only difrence is the secondary.

The Apeks andthe legend have been compared before, do a search. Apeks users will recommend the Apeks and the Aqualung users will recommend the Legend. That is the jist of it. As far as the delta goes. It is an ok reg. It does create a lower breathing resistance than the Apeks on the surface but as far as depth goes I would go the Apeks Aqualung route. If you are new and are not diving deep or really cold just yet, no offence but I doubt you would notice a difference in the shallower parts. So I wouldgo with the cheapest one as they all have lifetime warranties.

rescuediver009:
The Apeks andthe legend have been compared before, do a search. Apeks users will recommend the Apeks and the Aqualung users will recommend the Legend. That is the jist of it. As far as the delta goes. It is an ok reg. It does create a lower breathing resistance than the Apeks on the surface but as far as depth goes I would go the Apeks Aqualung route. If you are new and are not diving deep or really cold just yet, no offence but I doubt you would notice a difference in the shallower parts. So I wouldgo with the cheapest one as they all have lifetime warranties.
I got the same impression from Scubadiving.com's review of the regulators. Basically all good and maybe they push ScubaPro more than the rest, but... I don't plan on buying a whole lot of equipment, so the stuff that I do buy has to have room for me to grow into. It will need to be able to handle the initial shore dives but also, hopefully by next year, they need to be able to handle deeper dives in the wreck valley area to a few of the wrecks that have gotten my attention that are in 85' to 130' fsw and be able to handle Nitrox. Am I expecting too much from my first regulator? Money is tight and there is so much to do.

You are not expecting too much at all. In fact it is a good thing to think ahead to how you are going to be using the equipment in the future. However any of theregs on your list will grow with you and you will be able to use them in any sort of environment or depth. If you are going extremely cold though, I would recommend other than the delta and go for either the Apeks of the Legend supreme version.

Back
Top Bottom