Left my divelog in rental car in Fort Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why do you keep your C-card with your log book?

I don't carry my logbook with me, and I don't keep my C-card with my logbook. C-cards fit great in a wallet, and chances are, you need the wallet to dive, as nothing in life is free.

Good luck!

BTW - love your signature line!

:D

I would rather lose my logbook than lose such a great quote! I keep meaning to put it on a poster with some dramatic diving picture and hang it on my wall...

you love the signature line but i love the post. You forgot that your regs were serviced at jiffylube 6 years ago and that your fins were bought at walmart. ohh and that the clips were from home depot

Yeah, been thinking it's time to dust that post off and update with some of the newer "you're gonna die" subjects...

Sorry to hear about loosing your dive log.

In terms of the SCUBA police, you haven't lost anything of value.

I have been asked to present my dive log before. I simply hand them my dive computer, or computers, and this has sufficed.

Out of all the people I dive with, only one actually keeps a log. The rest don't and haven't for years. They, I've, never had any problems traveling.

I suggest never taking actual paper logbooks out of your house. Like you said, you lost it and now are screwed. If a person wants to maintain a paper logbook, I suggest bringing scrap paper with you on dives, recording what you need to on that, and when you get home transfter it to your "official" logbook. This way, you can never lose more than one trip of diving (unless your dog eats your logbook while you are out diving!) I like using my dive computer. I transfer from there to my PC, back up my PC, and also keep a paper printout in a filing cabinet. I am never losing my dives, they are all backed up three times and my most recent 100 dives a fourth time (in my dive computer memory).

To be honest, i dont even see the reason to even have a log book if you dive pretty often, i wouldnt even care if i was you, honesty, they show no real proof of anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom