LED LUX Canister Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luci

Registered
Reaction score
Considering the purchase of the new LED LUX Canister Light from DiveRite.

HID light heads have been very popular, but looks like DiveRite has put out this new LED to replace the MR-11 and LED 700 Slimline... ?!? is that so ?

How does it compare?

Who has bought one? Is it powerful enough? quick to recharge? fairly compact?

I am looking forward to your feedback. Thanks.

I bought the DR LED700 slimline just before the LUX came out. I dive in very dark waters with lots of sediment and visibility most of the time less than 10ft. The DR700 is very bright and shows lots of natural colors. The beam is not as focused and is a little more diffused than the MR11. It still works great however it lacks the lazer like cutting power of the HID. I personally will be upgrading to a 24W HID soon but for the vast majority of divers this LED 700 or LUX light will work fine. Charging times are super quick and lasts longer than I can stay down. 4+hrs and thats being conservative. Once again this is a very light and compact unit. Contact Edd at Cave Adventurers in Florida for great deals on either light. Tell him I sent ya.

Back
Top Bottom