Leaving the frozen North for Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akbpilot

Contributor
Reaction score
4 days till departure. We are in our early 50's, enjoying our new lives together, second trip to Coz(Went there on our honeymoon in '03. Had little idea at the time about the diving in Coz, just picked it on a whim cuz it was the furthest we could fly on AKAir) Have done a buch of snorkeling (Cook Islands, Fiji, Coz, Akumal). Always meant to take a resort course to try diving, but finally made the commitment this winter, and the timing worked out with a vacation, so Coz was the logical choice. Finished our Classroom and Confined last week. Will be staying at Villas Las Anclas, and doing our OW with Blue Angel. Maybe we'll meet up with some of you when we're down there.

Akbpilot,

Looks like we will be there same time 11th-19th. I am staying at Caribe Blu which is owned by the same family as Las Anclas. The Blue Angel dive shop is at the Caribe Blu hotel. If you will be doing your open water check out dives they may be right off the Hotel. I am going to Alaska in June and would very much like to talk to you about it.
I will not be diving with Blue Angel and my wife is a land lover. We too are early 50's and maybe we can have lunch at the café above the dive shop one day.
Send your name by private message and we could hook up.
If you are brought to the hotel to do your diving look for a woman with totally white hair in the sun and probably reading or an overweight balding guy, thats us.

Lou and Nancy

Sent you a PM Lou. I'm pretty sure we will be doing at least some of our cert at the hotel. I was there a couple of years ago for a snorkeling trip, and saw divers training off shore. We stayed at Las Anclas last time too that's how we hooked up with Blue Angel for this trip...nice folks, we had a blast last time we were in Coz

OW in Coz, you will be so let down elsewhere.... Have a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom