Leaving for Utila this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SWCC ready

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just bought the ticket, I'll be arriving in Roatan around noon. I think I'll find a cheap hotel on Roatan for the night then look into catching a ride with Captain Vern over to Utila the next day. Then I'm thinking about going to Capatin Morgans for my rescue cert., UDC for some DAN courses, and finally doing my DM at Cross Creek.

Wow, that sounds like quite the experience! How much time are you planning on spending down there?

Around 2 months 3 weeks, just under the 3 month limit

You might get some discounts by doing all certs with one provider. Just go talk to each of them and then decide. Have a great time.

Thanks to Andy at UDC, now I won't have to spend a night on Roatan. He contacted Capt. Vern for me.

Thanks to Andy at UDC, now I won't have to spend a night on Roatan. He contacted Capt. Vern for me.

We expect and look forward to some great trip reports. Enjoy yourself, you are going to have a blast. Maybe ill see you around August!

Alright, well I made it in last night. The ride with Vern took alot longer because of some other customers who wanted a ride to their private Cay. Other than a little rain the ride was nice, some of the other people got sea sick though. When we finally got to Utila, a few of the instructors from UDC meet me and we had dinner. (The Salva Vida IS all that it's cracked up to be) Afterwards they hooked me up at Mango Inn. Which is really nice but if you want privacy you might want to pick a cabana instead of the bunk houses.

I had talked to a few DM on Roatan while waiting to leave and decided that instead of going to all the different shops that I would just go all the way through with UDC, which will save me some money. Today Frank (one of the instructors) showed me around town(which is all of maybe a mile) then hooked me up with study materials.

Tomorrow I'm going on a few free dives, then the EFR course starts on Tues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom