Leaving for the Galapagos in a week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got everything packed?

Ok, I'm really not liking you right now! lol Have a great trip and be safe. I know you don't have much time in Quito but enjoy Ecuador too. I was there last year.

On your way back, try and find time to catch the tram up the mountain while in Quito...! A really cool view... Watching the planes fly through the valley below is something else to see.

Hope you have a blast (scratch that) know you will have a blast... The wild life (both above and below) is awesome!!!

FYI, while in Quito, if someone points out you have something on your back side e.g. mustard; Do not, I repeat...DO NOT let anybody take hold of your bags!!! It a common scam down there to squirt mustard on you and then pretend to help by holding the bags...! I had read about it before we went and it did happen to me... and NO; I did not let go of the bag!!!

lee

Hope you have a wonderful and safe trip Tammy, cant wait for the trip report!

Julie

Ok, I'm really not liking you right now! lol Have a great trip and be safe. I know you don't have much time in Quito but enjoy Ecuador too. I was there last year.

Actually, I'll be staying in Quito for 2 days after we get off the boat with 4 guys from our trip. Not sure how much sight seeing we'll get to do. The guys seem bent on partying to the wee hours. I don't typically drink much, so figured I can act as the "brains" when/if everyone else is inebriated.

Forgot to mention, when out in Quito, travel in groups. Ecuador was the only place in my travels that I didn't feel safe walking around by myself.

Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom