Leaving for Bali July 27th, Yikes!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leadweight

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The Mermaid and I are going to be in Bali for three weeks. We are leaving on the 27th and will arrive on the 29th after an overnight in Hawaii.

We are going to do 2 nights in Kuta as we get in late and want to get on local time before going anywhere else. After that, we are going to spend 5 nights in Amed and another 5 nights on Nusa Lembdgan, a chip of rock next to Nusa Penida, leaving another 10 days that we have not planned. That makes me either a world class procrastinator or just adventurous.

The 5 nights on the "rock" are not prepaid. If that sounds like a mistake is there a better alternative? Of course if it sounds like an adventure, we probably need to do it. They said to go out there on a vegetable boat, wow.

Of the remaining 10 nights about 5 will be spent in or around Ubud so that leaves 5 nights.

So, does anyone around here have a suggestion for what is left, probably underwater sports related?

If you know of a good travel agent based in Kuta their name would be appreciated as they could help us to reconfigure "on the ground" so to speak.

The only requirements are that we have a good time without spending insane amounts of money.

That's the best way to travel !! I always just buy a flight, and sort the rest out when I land.

Padangbai is a nice little town/bay, with some great dives (I saw a Wobbegong there), I dived with Gecko Dive. Also if you head a bit further up the East coast you'll get to Tulamben, where you can do the Liberty Wreck - must be one of the best shore dives going.

As far as travel agents, I'd just do the rounds alittle bit. Check out three or four and see how the prices compare. Most of them I dealt with were good, but can't remember who or where they were.

Enjoy !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom