Leave in 3 days. Ko Samui or Phuket Only Have 4 Days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nyrhubarb

New
Reaction score
Hey, Just a quick question, .. leaving Australia to head back to NY in 3 days and on the way stop in KL. Thinking of heading up to Thailand for 4 days for a quick dive or two. Would like to do 2 days of diving and then two days of relaxing on the beach and checking out the towns. Want to do some electronics shopping and such ..

Anyway, what would be better for this kind of trip? I am 33 .. heading there alone as my wife has to rush back to the US ... and so don't mind slumming it as far as a cheap small room.

Just want to make the most of my time. Readnig about both Ko Samui and Phuket/Phi Phi/Shark areas .. just not sure what is better for diving. I have done diving before here in Oz and a bit in Panama and Honduras, so not new to it, but not an expert. Anyway any info on where is best to go is helpful.

Thanks. Roberto

It's off season now in the Gulf of Thailand where Koh Samui is, so you're probably better off heading to the Andaman Sea. Have fun!

Phuket/Similans has the better diving by far.
Samui is a nicer place in terms of emptier beaches and slightly less spoilt.

The best diving and the best weather is at the Andaman Coast. You could do the 'normal' daytrips, but you might also consider doing a 2 day/1 night liveaboard to the Similans. Excellent diving, sites at everybody's level and also your wife will enjoy herself on the boat and snorkeling.

The diving is better on the andaman coast and now the weather will not be good for diving on the eastern islands. Go west my friend.

Definitely not Koh Samui this time of the year. Phuket day trips or liveaboards to Similan Islands (our group seen sharks down there in last few days). Never heard of anyone seeing sharks at Samui.

TDS:
Definitely not Koh Samui this time of the year. Phuket day trips or liveaboards to Similan Islands (our group seen sharks down there in last few days). Never heard of anyone seeing sharks at Samui.
mmm...I've never dived on Samui but they mostly go to koh tao anyway. The sharks are more consistant on the west but i've actually seen more on chumpon pinnacle than i've seen anywhere else in thailand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom