learning with the E-PL1 today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. All taken with the zen wa100

---------- Post added ----------

after thinking about, i decided to check my FO ables again since one is a little old. i remember snipping the original tip off since it was pretty "dirty" when i got it...it isn't as bright as my other cable when doing the light test so that may be affecting it as well (but i have neer had any problems with it before)...is there a recommended way to cut the cable without crimping the actual FO cable so it doesn't reduce the "transmission of light?" thanks.

Just reading through the posts, I found yours, as Im looking for shooting tips with the PEN, I just got a E-PL3 in Oly's housing. But for your cable question, I re-did my cable using a optical fiber tool. Worked great for me. Good luck.

Yes, standard 14-42. When the epm1 gets here, I will throw the epm 14-42 on to see if there's a noticeable difference. However, I am told the zoom gear won't work in the EPT01 housing...not a big deal since I mostly try WA so we shall see.

The shutter sync is true of all 35mm cameras. Some may sync at 1/250 or 1/90 but they are all constrained. There is an exception where some cameras can sync via a dedicated flash at higher than normal sync speeds. However normal sync speeds are usually not more than 1/250. Check the manual.

Yes, standard 14-42. When the epm1 gets here, I will throw the epm 14-42 on to see if there's a noticeable difference. However, I am told the zoom gear won't work in the EPT01 housing...not a big deal since I mostly try WA so we shall see.

The nudi is actually closer than I would have expected from the kit lens alone. My E-PM1 should be here early next week so I'll have a little better idea of things. I'll probably get a wet diopter, though I'm not sure which one yet, maybe the Subsea or Inon UCL-165 M67, they both look good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom